If you have the desired amount of ETH in your own Ethereum wallet, you can participate in the token crowdsale once it opens for contributions.
Cofound.it projects will have at least two phases in their crowdsale (pre-sale and public sale), however we are currently using the following 3 Phsases:
- Phase 1: limited pre-sale for Cofound.it Priority Pass™ members only. Each member can contribute up to their ETH limit. ETH limit is based on the amount of CFI user wallet holds (5000 min).
- Phase 2: unlimited pre-sale for Cofound.it Priority Pass™ members only. No ETH limits apply.
- Phase 3: public crowdsale open to all contributors, no ETH limits apply.
It is not uncommon for projects to reach their hard cap in the pre-sale phase(s), so we recommend applying for a Cofound.it Priority Pass™ membership to gain access to the pre-sale phase(s). The public crowdsale will begin ONLY if the hard cap isn't reached in the pre-sale phase(s).
Additional crowdsale details and terms will be published on project's pages in the days leading to the crowdsale. There are some basic things to keep in mind for all crowdsales:
- Make sure to contribute from your ETH wallet and not from exchange wallets.
- You can contribute only Ether (ETH).
- Do not send contributions before the crowdsale starts or after it ends.
- Stay safe and double-check the contribution address before sending ETH.
Entire process flow and sequence of events during crowdsale are described in detail here.
Sending the contribution using Jaxx wallet
If you are using Jaxx, you send ETH firstly by opening your Jaxx wallet and selecting your ETH wallet in Jaxx.
- Select your ETH wallet
- Click on "Send" icon - dialog will expand
- Copy-paste your destination wallet address - where you are sending the ETH (smart contact address)
- Enter the amount of ETH you want to send or click the "MAX" button to auto-fill the field with the maximum available amount.
- Click on "Send" button to continue
A confirmation window will pop-up on your right, once you double-check the destination address and amount, click "CONFIRM" to initiate the transaction.
After a while, you will see a new entry in the transaction history section of your Jaxx ETH wallet.
Sending the contribution using MyEtherWallet
If you use MyEtherWallet, you can start a new transaction by going to the “Send Ether & Tokens” tab. You will need to unlock your wallet first: select the “Keystore File (UTC / JSON)” option (1), choose your locally saved keystore wallet file (2), enter your password (3), and click on the “Unlock” button that appears.
Click on the Send Ether & Tokens tab and Unlock your wallet.
Once your wallet is unlocked, copy-paste the project crowdsale ETH address to the “To Address” field on the Send Transaction page on MyEtherWallet. You will be able to see the destination address on the project contribute page, do not trust any other sources!
As you copy-paste the address, the address avatar on the right will update, so check that it matches the picture you see on the contribution website. In the “Amount to Send” field, enter the amount of ETH you want to contribute. In the “Gas Limit” field enter 400 000 gas (that is a small fee needed by the Ethereum network to process your transaction; any excess gas will be refunded).
Copy-paste and double-check the crowdsale address, input the amount of ETH you want to contribute, and set Gas Limit to 400 000.
Once you double-check the address and amount, click on the “Generate Transaction” button to generate the transaction code, and confirm it by clicking on the “Send Transaction” button that appears below the “Raw Transaction” and “Signed Transaction” fields. Confirm the transaction again on the screen that appears after that.
Congratulations, once your transaction is processed, you will become a Cofound.it project supporter!
Checking your transaction
You can use a service like Etherscan to check your wallet’s transaction history.
In Jaxx simply click on the transaction link in your Transaction history window to open etherscan.
On MyEtherWallet, you can find a shortcut link to your Etherscan page under the “Transaction History” section, which is shown after you unlock your wallet to view its info or send transactions.
If your transaction is successful, you will receive your tokens into your wallet automatically during the crowdsale.
- tokens will appear after Jaxx developers add them to the list. We are making an effort with Jaxx to provide tokens in the wallet prior pre-sale opens. But in some cases, this is not possible, so even though you receive your tokens, they might not be seen in the Jaxx wallet. Please look at this guide explaining how to prepare your Jaxx wallet for crowdsale.
- tokens will appear in the “Token Balances” section. If this is not the case, you can add them manually. Follow this guide explaining how to add tokens manually to your MEW wallet. In the meantime, just make sure to keep your private key, keystore file and password safe and backed up, so you don’t lose access to your wallet.
If you have any additional questions about any crowdsale by Cofound.it projects, see our FAQ post, or join our telegram chat (https://t.me/cofounditchat, https://t.me/cofounditnews). Of course, you can also send email to email@example.com where our super kind support team will be more than happy to answer any related questions you might have. But before you do so, please visit our knowledge base, where everything is explained.